[Spamprobe-users] SpamProbe on Ubuntu 8.04 - Errors
Nikolaus Hiebaum
2010-01-03 02:50:18 UTC

Yes, apparently the default installation is not linked against any database. I
now run SpamProbe with the datbase reference and it finds the correct database.

E.g.,
spamprobe -d bdb:$HOME/.spamprobe train-spam ~/mail/incoming/IN.SPAM

What's new, however, is theat four files have appeared in the the directory
where the sp_words file is stored which I have never seen before.

drwx------ 2 nh nh 4.0K 2009-12-15 08:46 .
drwxr-xr-x 16 nh nh 4.0K 2010-01-02 19:02 ..
-rw------- 1 nh nh 24K 2010-01-02 17:11 __db.001
-rw------- 1 nh nh 160K 2010-01-02 17:11 __db.002
-rw------- 1 nh nh 264K 2010-01-02 17:11 __db.003
-rw------- 1 nh nh 464K 2010-01-02 17:11 __db.004
-rw------- 1 nh nh 0 2009-09-16 20:12 lock
-rw------- 1 nh nh 90M 2010-01-02 17:11 sp_words
-rw------- 1 nh nh 1.4K 2009-12-13 11:30 spamprobe.hdl

What are these __db.001 to 004 files about?

-- nick
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 09:02:41 +0100
Subject: Re: [Spamprobe-users] SpamProbe on Ubuntu 8.04 - Errors
I installed SpamProbe 1.4d on my Ubuntu 8.04 box via the package manager.
However, when running spamprobe -V it states this "SpamProbe v1.4d using
null database." A Berkeley Database is installed on the system, as well.
Is spamprobe linked against it, too?
I transferred my working spamprobe database from my live system and told
procmail to invoke spamprobe using that particular database, but in the
procmail logfile I always see "procmail: Error while writing to
"/usr/bin/spamprobe" ".
The command spamprobe createdb also fails stating "caught runtime
exception: No such file or directory". I am a bit lost as to what the
problem is. Maybe you can point me into the right direction.
Have you used "-c" with createdb?
Regards,
Stefan
Stefan Walter
2010-01-10 08:57:51 UTC
Post by Nikolaus Hiebaum
Hi,
[...]
They are used by BDB. See [1]. (First hit on Google when searching for
"__db.001".)

Regards,
Stefan

[1]: http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/berkeley-db/db/programmer_reference/env_region.html